Follow via Mail

Sunday, 31 January 2016

C is for Cacoepy - ABC Wednesday


C is for Cacoepy which means poor or wrong pronunciation.

Yes, this is indeed a very funny topic to talk about.


How many times have you heard someone pronounce something vague, maybe weirdly or in a

fashion that you cannot impersonate? I’m sure all of us will have such stories about instances

where there’s been a blunder done by someone or the other.


Image credit - Youtube


I can recall hundreds of such instances, my name being on top of the list. During the 24 glorious

years since my birth my name has been pronounced in so many different ways that my parents

will feel disheartened naming me Lancelot.


Living in India, a few names children have especially the ones Catholics in general have are

pronounced in the most unusual fashion like no one else could. I know the names we have and

we intend to keep are sometimes not what the crowd in India or for that matter any part of the

world is used to listening to. Thus they call out whatever they seem fit. If it sounds proper, then

it’s okay. Or else, it hurts. It hurts badly when you’re name is pronounced differently. It feels like

a sting.


Not only names, a few places and some other things too when pronounced in a different fashion

can make you roll on the floor laughing your ass out till you die!

I’ve never come across such a word and am glad to have found it. Thus I’ve shared it with you

guys.

Are there such instances which you can remember?

Why don't you share it below in the comments section.

I'll be looking forward to it.



For more posts from this theme, CLICK HERE.
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet