Follow via Mail

Monday, 7 December 2015

A Source Of Anxiety


Is there a noise or even silence that’s always on your mind; that just doesn’t go away; that sound which you just want it to stop!



For me, it’s the sound of I talking to myself.

Yes, I sometimes find comfort talking to myself.
But it’s usually for things that have passed.
Like, if a moment has ended, I would think of ways in which I could have altered it.



Maybe I could have not said something harsh to someone.
Maybe I should have just shut my mouth at that moment.
Maybe I should have given that person more time.
Maybe…



So I keep doing that to myself and I just want that to stop. I’m tired of the voices in my head telling me that I should have been better, that I could have avoided few arguments etc.
I just want to be what I am, own the things I’ve done and be responsible for my actions. I don’t want that voice of me thinking of how things could be better, how I could do this and that in another fashion!
The funny part is after I’m done writing this post and sharing it, I shall be thinking..

“I should have written this too!”

This post is written via “WordPress 365 days prompts of 2013”

Whilst browsing my PC I found this old pdf file and thought to write about it anyway!

December 7 - Write about a noise — or even a silence — that won’t go away.
(You can interpret this in different ways…)
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet