Follow via Mail

Saturday, 29 November 2014

The Laughing Stock



“To shave or not to shave” is the biggest and most important decision guys have to take every few days. If given the chance then I would love to grow a beard although I haven’t had that opportunity yet. Many of us shave not for ourselves but due to work, maybe an event or for occasions. But if given the chance I’d love to grow a proper full grown beard. It looks like a distant dream for now due to the interviews I go for. 


So today while reading about #WillYouShave initiative by Gillette, I thought of any missed opportunity which I ruined due to a non shaven face. There happens to be just one such case. It took place during my graduating phase when we started going for interviews. Being a prospective employee is something all students wish for but in the eyes of the recruiter there are tons of parameters which you have to get through with.
 
We 5 friends waited for over an hour in the company’s head office as our C.V’s were scanned by their recruiter. The results were declared. Out of us 5 friends, 3 got selected. 2 were denied an interview due to their poor academic score overall. 


We 3 waited for our turn. Mine happened to be the first one for god knows what reason. The minute I entered the room, I greeted the panel and they asked me to stay still. I had hardly entered and was told to leave the interview room. To my dismay, I felt very bad and asked the panel what was wrong with me. I did the last minute check up like we all do before entering the room. Nothing felt wrong. 


Their answer shocked me. Just because I did not have a clean shaven face I did not get into their good books. According to them a non shaven face is a negative trait and shows negligence and laziness. The level of embarrassment was on a all time high for me. Never ever had I felt so bad anytime. When I came out, my friends were shocked. They thought I developed cold feet and came back running. The reason had them splitting in laughter and I kind of became the laughing stock for a while at least. One of the remaining two got selected and that was the moment I realized what an opportunity I missed.
 
That was a learning phase and I finally understood the importance of a clean shaven face. Since then I did not have such an embarrassing moment.

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette

 
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet