Follow via Mail

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

365 Days of Writing - Might As Well Jump...




 I've always been good in a team.
Being a team player is what defines my comfort zone.
If i had to initiate something, that would clearly freak me out.

Yes, Leading from the front, is what looks good to me in stories, what i dream of doing some day, but i develop cold feet when it comes to the task.

It's not that i haven't tried, i have led some time and the results have been a bit favorable and sometimes not.

But i guess, i was afraid of the risk of failing, failing to live up to the expectations, too.

Now i feel it's high time that i stop myself. 

If i have to take the risk and lead a team, the only thing keeping my hopes high would be my team-mates whom i know. 
But that's wrong nah?
I wont get the same set of people to work with, there will be new faces.
I just can't reason out myself from that situation.

 
Thus i finally feel it's better to take the step and do what i can do, to my best.
Like other tasks in life, which i learnt only after falling and trying harder after each fall, I'm sure one day i might become a good leader too.


This post is part of the 365 days of writing prompts by Word press Editors





June 18 - Might as well jump:

What’s the biggest risk you’d like to take — but haven’t been able to?
What would have to happen to make you comfortable taking it?
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet