Follow via Mail

Friday, 7 February 2014

Involuntary Musical imagery

This concept / syndrome / etc whatever you call it has affected maximum people in all parts of the world..!!
Curious right?
Why didn't i hear about it before?
Well I'm sure some questions as such might be roaming inside your head..
Let me solve your queries!!

Involuntary musical imagery or an Ear-worm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an ear-worm include musical imagery repetition, and stuck song syndrome!!!

Now, why am i talking about this concept?
I found out this concept one fine day on twitter and just googled about it..!!
The result kept me on the edge and i just realized I'm affected by a syndrome!!

Now, a bit of detail on the effect of this syndrome:
This syndrome hits mostly every student during a lecture, a test etc..
It hits me every time i am in a lecture.. (that's fun BTW) and i enjoy those moments... any-day better than the lecture!!
During exams, you have to see me..
For a while, i have to sop writing as the songs playing in my head crack me up!!
E.g- Sexy eyes by Aqua.... the moment this song plays on my mind i just can't control my laughter.. imagine... laughing in a examination hall.. hilarious nah..!!
Here is a list of catchy songs which mess up my mind!!
- Mambo no.5
- Sexy eyes
- Ketchup Song
- Where do you go!!
- Temperature
- Smack that

I agree these songs are vintage in today's time.. but still  their tunes are damn catchy!!
I even hear new songs, Hindi, English pop, rock, r&b, Rap etc and it occupies my boredom in the lecture!!

So, if you have ever thought of songs playing in your mind during a meeting, lecture, seminar etc then be proud and spread the word about this syndrome!! :)

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet