Follow via Mail

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

My new found love- Reading Books!!

Reading a book since childhood was not of my interests..!!
Not even the slightest one!!
Recently, i happened to have a 3 month break from college.
Got an internship at a place which is at least 1.5 hours away from home!!
So naturally it meant a lot of traveling..
So i decided to start reading books during my transit to pass my time..
I thought... Maybe, I'll stop reading the first day itself...
But i didn't..!!
That day was 2nd may 2013... And till today 30th January 2014, i have completed around 13 books/novels.
Phew!!
that's too many right?
I didn't know i had the knack of reading until i started it..
Anyways its better to read something rather than waste your time imagining things in your mind!! 

So the next question arises... How the hell did i get so many books?
The answer to that is, that I had been to a Book sale last April which helped me get a lot of books for a very reasonable price!!
Really reasonable..!!
A kilo of books = 60 rupees i.e 1 dollar!!!
Surprising right!!!
Classics like Charles dickens, Jane Austen etc costed 100rupees per kilo.
I ended up buying 5 kilos worth books which involved football magazines, Horror, Mystery, Murder, Reality and 2 classic books!!
i later also went for the next sale.. this time i didn't get the books i hoped to get.. so i experimented using the
Good-reads app on my smartphone and selected some titles..
Here is the snapshot of my collections from the sale..!!
These are my books... have read most of it

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Lancelot is a 24 year old post grad who one day was so bored of his life, that he started to write. The writing he thought would be a one time thing. It's been over a year and the writing has never stopped. Professionally in the field of finance, Lancelot aspires to make his family and himself proud. In his free time, Lancelot loves eating food, reviewing them on Zomato, watching various TV sit-coms, writing of course, playing the keyboard music app on his smartphone, reading crime-murder-mystery... maybe romance novels sometimes, watching a lot of sporting events and making time for his near and dear ones. 

Popular Posts

Spread the Vibe Winner

Reliance Meet

Reliance Meet